We are committed to providing a high standard of service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
You have contacted us with details of a complaint.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will involve passing your complaint to the person stated in your original client care letter who will
review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. If considered appropriate you may be invited to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
4. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible or considered appropriate the appointed person will send you a detailed reply to your complaint,
including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Director or someone unconnected with the
matter at this firm to review that decision.
6. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 15870 Birmingham B30 9EB (email email@example.com) about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 12 months of the
end of our work for you or within six month of you finding out there was a problem. For further information, you should contact the Legal
Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333.
8. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Cooke Painter Ltd Solicitors have £3m of Professional Indemnity Insurance cover through International Insurance Company of Hannover.
Period:1st April 2017 – 30th September 2018 inclusive.