Welcome to the Cooke Painter Limited’s (Cooke Painter) Privacy Notice.
Cooke Painter is a law firm based in Bristol. We offer a range of legal services to meet the needs of our clients. In the course of business, we are required to request, collect, store, share, manage and destroy personal data from both clients and non-clients.
Cooke Painter gathers and processes personal data about you for the purposes of providing the required services and as a result, we act as a “Data Controller” as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK data protection legislation. (A Data Controller is defined by the GDPR as the person or business who determines the purpose and the manner in which any personal data is processed.)
Cooke Painter respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data in compliance with all UK data protection legislation. This Privacy Notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Cooke Painter will comply with the provisions of the GDPR, which states that the personal data we hold about you must be:
• processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
• collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
• adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
• kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
• processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
If you would like to contact us regarding the use of your data or you have any queries relating to your data, please do not hesitate to contact Cooke Painter’s Data Privacy Manager via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, Cooke Painter is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (also known as the ICO). You will find our registration number detailed at the end of contact details section or by clicking here.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how Cooke Painter collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service, request a consultation or call back.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other Privacy Notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Cooke Painter Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Cooke Painter”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice).
We have appointed a Data Privacy Manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Data Privacy Manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are: Cooke Painter Ltd
Full name of legal entity: Cooke Painter Ltd
Name of the Data Privacy Manager: Andrew Stone
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 314 Wells Road Knowle Bristol BS4 2QG
Telephone number: 0117 971 4074
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you would like to make a complaint to the ICO please contact them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Cooke Painter Ltd.’s ICO registration number – Z2141539
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
This version was last updated on 25th May 2018 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
Cooke Painter may change or update this Privacy Notice from time to time. You are advised to check the Privacy Notice each time you access the website to ensure that you are aware of the latest version applicable to you.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may request, collect, store, share, manage and destroy different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account, payment card details, County Court judgements and bankruptcy orders.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
• Special Categories of Personal Data includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
On occasion, we may be required to collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). If we do need to collect information about any Special Categories of Personal Data, we will seek your explicit Consent to record this information on our systems.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• apply for our products or services;
• create an account on our website;
• subscribe to our service or publications;
• request marketing to be sent to you;
• request a consultation, quote or call back
• give us some feedback.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
• Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as National Westminster Bank Plc based inside the EU.
• Contact, Financial, Transaction Data, Identity and Contact Data from mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, independent financial advisors, accountants or other professional advisors based inside the EU.
• Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as Lexis Nexis based inside the EU.
• Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Click [here] to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email, post or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.